Monday, March 26, 2007

An ode to blogging...

Blogging, for me, after 130 posts, has become more of a therapeutic device than just a means for expressing myself. I am a fiercely opinionated person, given to thinking and reminiscing about issues in a manner as if they were affecting me directly.

Before I blogged, the only outlet for my opinions would be either casual conversations with family and friends, or maybe the occasional debate or public speaking competitions. The problem with the former was that not all issues could be discussed, considering that people may or may be enthused about issues which I felt passionate about. The latter was maybe even worse. I had no freedom about what to speak most of the time, as the topics for the competition were pre-determined, and all one wished to hear was your take on the topic.

I found this to be constrictive. I mean, there were so many things I wanted to talk about, but could not, for the lack of opportunity to do so, or rather because of the lack of an appropriate forum.

And then, I must thank Sunil for his advice. I know this bloke for the last 18 years of my 22 years, and somewhere down the line, this companionship has made us think somewhat alike on most issues. Sunil was perhaps the first among my batch mates who started blogging. There may have been someone else, but then Sunil was the first I knew of.

And from there started this journey; this voyage of expressions, of reactions, of counter-reactions, and so on. I have come to realize that the simple act of blogging has made me more expressive, more vocal and perhaps is working to making me more open about my emotions. I don’t need to drown my feelings in the depths of my heart anymore for want of some place to speak them out; I have my blog now.

The journey is still a long way from over; it has barely started. Over time, I have been joined by many friends in this blogsphere, and needless to say, good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. There are many more subjects to be written about, many more issues to be raised and many more fonts of knowledge to be unearthed for all to see. This blog has just become a little more mature; a transition akin to that of an infant to a toddler. Let us see whether this road takes us.

4 comments:

Maya said...

Very nice one indeed :-) You are absolutely right in saying that now we have an outlet for all our thoughts and feelings.But then,of course,it depends on how effectively you use it as a medium.YOU have used it extremely well,I must say.

Adi and I were discussing blogging yesterday and yes,he was highly responsible for me starting my adventures on blogsphere too.I'm sure we all are in for a great time here!

Cheers to all our blog-mates!!!!!

aditya said...

Cheers to 130 and here's wishing you write 1,300000000000. Wait I forgot to add some more zeroes. 1,30000000000000000000000000000.
Keep going Mr. Reddy, and continue lighting up our day with your posts!

Anonymous said...

Hey, keep going.

Roopali said...

Hey reddy u must have become a master in blogging by now and i'm just new to this world.The mere thgt of expressing oneself on issues which u feel strongly abt is simply great!And it has been this group which has been instrumental in encouraging this practice.
Happy blogging!

I Quote...

Quote of the Day