Thursday, June 14, 2007

How doth the Cheshire CAT smile.....?

Enough is enough! Sloth is evil, one of the cardinal sins, and I have sinned as much as can be borne. Now it is time to gather my energies and start my preparations to slay the dragon (not that I am anywhere close to being a knight in shining armor; more like a fool on a donkey). The Cheshire CAT smiles and smiles to Kingdom come, taunting me. It is time I showed it who's the boss, or is it?
November's D-Day, and the weather's going to be rough till then. The seas will be treacherous and my boat is bound to spring many leaks, but there will be no one to assist me, and I can expect no one to assist me either. I don't know how to tie some ropes, how to pull up the sails and to navigate some straits, but there is no Divine Providence waiting to grant me that wisdom; I have to get wise on my own.

Shay was right when he said, "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." I have neither a rabbit nor rabbit's foot; I hope something works out for me!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Best of luck, bon voyage!

By the way, I am coming to India this weekend. How about meeting some time?

Sunil Natraj said...

I can see feline problems on the horizon. But let me tell you a story.

There was this cape which the sailors in the land refused to sail over. They used to think that the sea boiled and turned blood red. Finally, one man managed to do so. And he named the Cape, the Cape of Good Hope. The sea he found was a tad moody. Somedays she was rough, the others she was calm.

I know one such feline sea. And I am sure you shall find that Cape too :)

The Devil's Paradise....... said...

adios my frnd.....
if all goes well we shall meet at the cape of good hope.. in very very good spirits.......

cheers

Aarti Ramanan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aarti Ramanan said...

Your imagination is boundless, unlike the seas or the straits that you are going to cross successfully, to return the smile of the Cheshire CAT.

Circumvent your fears of the consequences and aim to circumnavigate the seven oceans. The seas will then seem a trivial step towards the bigger leap!

Al the best!

aditya said...

Just as Alice would say - "I have often seen a cat without a grin, but never a grin without a cat!"
I'd say "I have often seen success without Reddy, but never have I seen Reddy without success"
I wish and I am sure great things will work out for you. Things will just be purr-fect! All the best mate!!!

Noshi said...

Best of luck.

Vivek said...

Thank you all for your most kind comments of encouragement and appreciation.

I Quote...

Quote of the Day