Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Musings en général!

The past one week has been a remarkably eventful one for me, with both happy, and somewhat despodent moments here and there. Guess one can term it a microcosm of life in general.

Had my first "real" simulated CAT test on the 24th, and did much better than I expected. Actually, much would be understating my surprise, because I managed to enter the hallowed ranks of the top 1 percent students giving the test. And this when I really am not preparing to the best of my abilities. My mom always would tell me that although I never put in the most of my abilities in whatever I did, and mind you, despite this, I still would manage to scrape through with pretty good grades, imagine what could have happened if I would have been better prepared. But the bumbler that I am, the message simply never sank in, until now.

And yet, I see no reason to be exultant over my performance, simply because the test in question was a simple one, and mastering it would really have tested not many people's skills. And yet, I am not questioning the ways of the Fates. I am greatful for this boost, and I pray that my performance should continue to maintain this level, irrespective of the grade of difficulty or ease of the test concerned.

Of course the very next day, i.e. on the 25th, had my viva voce on Digital Signal Processing. In truth, the subject is a very interesting one, especially after the seminar I had attended on the topic wherein some very interesting applications of this subject were explored. But after the test on the 24th, I was so tired that studying was simply something my mind had pushed to the back of the priority queue. Of course, I did manage to brush up something before the viva, but as usual, became blank when faced with questions. I did manage to make a complete mess of things by not satisfactorily answering even those questions whose answers I knew very well. And then like a jerk, I sulked and simply refused to be social with my friends for the rest of the evening. Maybe they understood my emotions, but had I been in their place, I perhaps would have been offended by my behaviour. My apologies to my friends for my most childish behaviour.

Guess I should be signing off now. Just leaving you with a thought for the day:
There is nothing more painful than seeing someone you love loving someone else. But there is nothing more rewarding than seeing two people you love loving each other. ~ J.H. Li

No comments:

I Quote...

Quote of the Day