Saturday, October 22, 2005

What is Love?

Was just listening to Haddaway exclaiming what must perhaps be his most famous song, when this post struck me like lightning. And made me wonder, what really is love? Since I cannot claim to be an expert on love, I let the professionals do the talking:
  • Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh. ~ W. H. Auden
  • I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love. ~ Mother Teresa
  • If you love something, let it go free. If it doesn't come back, you never had it. If it comes back, love it forever. ~Doug Horton
  • Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction. ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • Love doesn't make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. ~ Franklin Jones
  • Love gives us in a moment what we can hardly attain by effort after years of toil. ~ Goethe
  • Love is good in feeling, even if you are always being hurt. It is better to be hurt by love than not loving at all.
  • Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. ~ Robert Heinlein
  • Men always want to be a woman's first love. Woman like to be a man's last romance. ~Oscar Wilde
  • Once a tear fell off my cheek and into the ocean. The day I find it will be the day I stop loving you.
  • True love is giving all you have to someone you know you're going to lose. ~Ray H. Wall
  • We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love. ~Tom Robbins.
  • Woman was created from the rib of man: Not from his head to be thought of only, nor from his hand to be owned, nor from his foot to be beneath, but from under his arm to be protected, from his side to be equal, and from his heart to be loved...

No comments:

I Quote...

Quote of the Day