Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Musings of a beautiful person!

Iva Mae, perhaps the first person besides the GST crowd, who read my blog and actually took the time to comment on it, is a great poet.Sometimes, her poems are all thought-provoking, while sometimes, they just make you want to cry, or at least wipe away that tear just gathering in your eye. This is one of her latest ones. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

If I Must Go

If I must go and you remain,
I hope you don't suffer too much pain
from my leaving.

If you go first and I must stay,
I know I'll feel it shorn away
that part of my heart.

When we met some years ago
I couldn't guess, didn't know
how much I'd love you.

Through silent tears I still can see
Your sparkling eyes wink at me.
It's been worth it all.

I can't be sorry, won't regret
The day we smiled, the day we met.
My God, I thank you.

What a friend you are, sweet love.

© Copyright 2006 iva*mae (UN: crankee at Writing.Com)

No comments:

I Quote...

Quote of the Day