Friday, July 28, 2006

Baccalaureus In Arte Ingeniaria!

Finally, it's over. Engineering could well classify as one of the Seven Plagues of the Heavens, what with all the trials and tribulations it inflicts upon those who seek to walk in its path. And yet, it has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life so far. I have found friends, friends whose company I have come to treasure more than anything. I also got to understand that although failure is to be avoided at all circumstances, but it isn't the end of things; rather, it is the beginning of a new struggle, to better oneself, to face the world in a better and more effective manner. I also came to realise that I wasn't as dumb as I thought myself to be. True, my friends would beg to differ, and I might even agree, but then I never deny that I am sometimes dumb, maybe just as much as to be completely condemned to an institution.

Having those two letters B.E. (with the two periods in between as well) is perhaps the greatest prize that one can achieve after having tolerated tortuous lectures, numbing practical sessions, and dumb assignments and journals. Suddenly all that time seems so very bearable, because now in a moment, one has suddenly grown from a nervous student to a confident engineer, a person in one's own right. The convocation is in December, and maybe I will be here in Mumbai, or maybe not. Whatever it may be, there's no force on earth (other than my boss) which can stop me from attending my convocation, and wearing that black robe, with the chocolate (don't ask me why chocolate) sash.
Could there be a more delightful thing in life? I am still trying to figure it out.

2 comments:

Pranav said...

There will be much better things in life dude.Engineering definitely was a mixed bag of fun,frustration,hard work,ecstacy,agony and results.This is just the beginning man.Hope we all land up doin' things we love doin' and succeed i whatever we do.This wud be the greatest reward for anyone.Wat do u say?

Anonymous said...

congratulations .R

I Quote...

Quote of the Day