Monday, July 30, 2007

How doth the moon shine this night....?

The moon stands resplendent
In her raiment of silver and gold,
The sweet mistrals blow
Her lustrous brown tresses,
And soft strings of light
Bounce off her curls.

Her face shines beautifully
Like Pallas Athena in Her Parthenon,
Her eyes sparkle
Like emeralds set in ivory,
Her delicate brow calls
For on
e to be lost in its expanse.

She smiles, ah, that glorious smile,
And her cheeks turn so red,
To shame the most brazen of roses,
The most precious of rubies.
Her laughter, have you heard one
More innocent, more melodious,
That even the nightingale stops
To recollect her tune.

I stand in her light,
Bathed in her glory,
I pray this night never end,
That she never forsake me,
That no
cloud ever comes
Between me and her,

That the sands of Time

Flow ever so slow this night,

So that I may gaze in her eyes,

And be lost for all Time,
For all eternity……

11 comments:

MD said...

Hey Reddy, good one, you can almost imagine the picture of a lady as you read it.

aditya said...

A vivid description. A "Romantic Reddy". A welcome change!

aanchan said...

Who is this girl? :)
Very nice, good use of language. The poem flows quite well...

Neeraj said...

Reddy, these are the smoothest flowing words I've come across of late. Whoever said a picture is worth a thousand words - if you can write like this, a few words are equal a million pictures!

BTW, if(now thats hoping against hope!!) I need such beautiful lines sometime in the future, can you offer consultancy services for the "literally" challenged like me?? :-)

The Devil's Paradise....... said...

you have to tell me wht do these words mean....
raiment..
mistrals..
partheon...

i am just too lazy to run a search on these words..
and i am so intellectually impaired that i cant make out thier eventual meanings using the context of usage.......

Vivek said...

Mayuri, Adi, Aanchan, Neeraj: Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. I am glad that you like reading my post just as much as I liked writing it.

Shreedhar:
raiment = clothing, garments, dress
mistral = warm winds
Parthenon = the Temple of Athena at Athens, Greece
Hope this will enable you to appreciate this post even more.

Roopali said...

Hey reddy, I just loved your poem Goin the Wordsworth and Shakesphere way?great,very beautiful use of words and your description of that someone special surely speaks loads of your imagination and her picture in your mind!So is there any source of inspiration for this piece of great poetry?

Vivek said...

His creations always inspire mere mortals to feebly attempt to describe them. Words may not suffice, eyes may go blind, ears may lose their sense of hearing and life may be snuffed out of our bodies, but beauty which is beauty in the truest and purest of all senses always remains beautiful to see and to sense.

Anonymous said...

Lovely poetry,Vivek!Am really amazed by the clarity of the "angel" in your poem.Who is she,the inspiration behind this poem,Vivek? :-) Such lovely usage and subtle but effluent praise...So beautiful :-)

- Maya

Vivek said...

Maya: I do hope that I will one day be able to introduce her to you, as and when I become worthy of her affections.

Aarti Ramanan said...

That was amazing... and how do you manage to get such apt pictures to match your words...

I Quote...

Quote of the Day