Sunday, December 02, 2007

I await....

Once in a while, we await some things more than anything ever imaginable. Sometimes, we just want time to pass ever so fast so that we may encounter some distant joy, that we may finally come to enjoy what we most wish to happen.

There are many things that I await. I await the onset of the monsoon, with the sweet smell of the earth with the first showers, with the cold breezes that blow in from the sea, and the cuppa of hot coffee that I can enjoy sitting in my veranda. I wait for the summer for all the ice-creams and cold stuff that I can partake of, for all the mangoes that I get to relish, for the family vacation to distant places. I await the autumn, for Diwali, for fireworks, for goodies and sweets and all other savouries, for the softly cooling down of the air, for the mildly musty smell of last year’s woollens. And I await the winter, for the coldness in the air, the warmth of my blanket, the sweet slumber of the night, and the celebration of the Year. I await the beginning of the month for the chance to go to the local book store and buy the month’s supply of books.

I would await my results when in school and college, wanting to know whether I did as bad as I thought, or by some miracle, I had managed to pass. I would await the beginning of a new semester, for the chance to meet up with friends, to rejuvenate slumbering acquaintances, to realize how much we care for each other. (Even now I await Mondays more than Fridays. I am no workaholic; just that I miss my friends over the weekends.)

What do you wait for?

7 comments:

Neeraj said...

I await lunch time. When I shall get to scamper away from my desk to a place blessed with the sights and sounds of a dozen or so temporarily liberated souls - the canteen.

Anonymous said...

I wait for books I haven't gotten around to reading. I wait for revelations about the meaning of life. I wait for coffee each morning.

Phani said...

Hey I'm surprised you await Mondays more than Fridays.

Me, I await the time I can stand on my own two feet and when I'm someone of significance in society

Sofaras daily life goes, I await my room partners to get out the bathroom in the mornings when I get ready for college, I await the waiter to get me my food. At this instant, I'm awaiting my tests' results.

I'm also awaiting good feedback to this post of mine ;)

aditya said...

I am awaiting a 'modicum of an idea' for me to blog "something".

The images in your posts continue to get better with every post! Besides being a blog, it's a great compilation of pleasing images.

MD said...

You have captured longing so beautifully in the blog. Hardly anybody can describe a feeling so well.Good one :)

Roopali said...

I wait for Saturdays and Sundays contrary to ur waiting for Mondays :P Office is just so boring that I don want the Sunday to get over at all!

Aarti Ramanan said...

i still wait for time!!! n have never managed to grab it.

I Quote...

Quote of the Day