Saturday, June 14, 2008

Your Mona Lisa Smile....

As the rain pitter-pattered outside,
And the trees swayed in the wind,
I think of you,
And your angelic smile.

You smile your smile at me,
When I tell you I love you,
You smile again,
When I tell you I could never live without you.

You say nothing, you never do,
You just smile,
You just grin away,
Like a Cheshire cat guarding a secret.

I search for a meaning,
I search for a sign,
One that would tell me of your love,
But you smile away.

And then I realise
The secret behind your Mona Lisa smile.

The love that beats in your heart,

Comes forth each time as your smile.

3 comments:

MD said...

hey, ur poems are getting more and more romantic. Is it because of the rains??? nice blog.... u r definitely a poet. :)

Aarti Ramanan said...

June is your poetry month this year, is it?

I think I'll leave it for your Miss Right to comment??? ;)

Roopali said...

hey welcome Mr wordsworth of the 21st century! your poems surely have depth! good going reddy.

I Quote...

Quote of the Day