Wednesday, April 04, 2007

April as Poetry Month...?

A very dear friend, whose counsel I value a lot, has said that I have become too boring a blogger. On going through my blogs for the last few months, I am beginning to agree with him, as my blogging has been restricted to social issues, which don't offer that much of a scope for humour. It is a different matter altogether that I am very bad at humour, as and when I make a try at it.But nonetheless, for the next one month, I will NOT be writing any blogs on social issues.

Now, I don't want this to seem like a hiatus or something, but I was thinking, why not make April Poetry Month on my blog. I am a bad poet, so don't worry about my creations. I was planning to put up some of the poetry that I have found to be superlative in the course of my reading. I mean, that way, my friends can get to read some good poetry and the mood stays light.
Would appreciate your comments on my idea.

7 comments:

Noshi said...

Good idea. Not that I thought u were boring, but change is always welcome. Won't mind if you try your hand at some poetry yourself.

Neeraj said...

Talking about humour. Hows this for a change ;-)]


Why does any astronaut who goes to Mars always die of electric shock....












Ans:- Because, there is no "earthing"!!!!!


Put stuff like this and rest assured people will be begging to get back to your usual stuff. haha

Unknown said...

I must admit, the 300 word articles do put me off (but I suspect that's just because of my tendency to be completely ignorant, and even apathetic towards social issues). Still, a little poetry should be a good idea (not that I read that too often either).

Anonymous said...

Social issues may be "boring" but they are important...but I guess a little break doesnt hurt..

Good stuff by the way (I came here via Krishworld, where you and I seem to be one side and Krish on the other! - you may want to see some of my comments on his politicians/BJP/Congress posts there)...

Have a look at my blog when you have a moment (its terribly "boring" - or not, depending on your month!)

http://hindudharma.wordpress.com/

aditya said...

Reddy saale, trust you to be the God of innovation and brand building. Really good idea!

As for your previous posts, by no means were they boring. For ppl like me who rarely read the papers, this was our source of news. Keep up the "creative blogging".

Sunil Natraj said...

The queer is always interesting. And this idea of a poem month is queer. Kidding ;)

Nonetheless, if Anks or Adi is the cause, I wouldnt be surprised.

@Aditya: Please remain silent on brand building.

Vivek said...

Sunil: I revel in being queer, in your opinion, don't I? Well, I hope you are right about the queer being interesting.

Adi: As regards brand building, I don't know much about it. This isn't a unique idea (of having a poetry month. It is National Poetry Month in the UK b.t.w), and won't be a permanent feature of this blog, so guess I am not creating or building a brand per se.

I Quote...

Quote of the Day