Thursday, April 26, 2007

Poem Of the Day - The Presence of Love - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

And in Life's noisiest hour,
There whispers still the ceaseless Love of Thee,
The heart's Self-solace and soliloquy.

You mould my Hopes, you fashion me within;
And to the leading Love-throb in the Heart
Through all my Being, through my pulse's beat;
You lie in all my many Thoughts, like Light,
Like the fair light of Dawn, or summer Eve
On rippling Stream, or cloud-reflecting Lake.

And looking to the Heaven, that bends above you,
How oft! I bless the Lot that made me love you.

- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

3 comments:

Noshi said...

Nice poem. But I hardly expected it from you Vivek, to appreciate the beauty of a peom on love.

The Devil's Paradise....... said...

write something abt love... cause if u dont.. i am very tempted to write one...... in my ishytyle.....

Vivek said...

Noshi: I am not as heartless as I am made out to be. I may write like an old man, but I am as young at heart as I can be.

Le Diable: I have written about love, not just once, but twice. You could go through the archives and see the same. As regards u writing a piece on love, I look forward to it with all eagerness.

I Quote...

Quote of the Day