Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ode To Loved Ones

In the silence of the world,

I was afraid,

The quiet seemed ever so noisy to me.

And then I heard a faint heartbeat,

Your heart beating for me,

A sweet pleasant sound,

Like a lullaby easy on the ear,

It drove away my fears

And lulled me to sleep

In a slumber ever so pure.


In the darkness of the world,

I was afraid,

The shadows seeming like monsters.

And then I saw a bright light,

Your love overflowing for me,

A beautiful heavenly light,

Like the sun rising in the morn,

It drove away my terrors,

And filled me with new energy,

And a desire to live again.


In the noise of this world,

I was afraid,

The clamour deafened my soul.

And then I heard your dulcet voice,

Your soothing words of reassurance for me,

An angel’s promise that all will be well,

Like a nightingale in the midst of a burnt forest,

It drove away my sorrows,

And made me shout out

Challenges ever so many to the world.


No matter how much I say this,

I could never be able to repay you in full,

So take this as but a part of my gifts,

I love you, and I can say no more.

1 comment:

Aarti Ramanan said...

'Clean n nice'. nothing else describes this better :)

more of this kind please.

I Quote...

Quote of the Day