Sunday, November 16, 2008

To Love....

My 200th blog! When I started out writing in 2005. on the prodding of a friend, I never quite imagined that I would reach this far. Over time, I have come to enjoy the experience, and have perhaps gained more than I have given. This blog's dedicated to an idea I am most in love with: love.

For someone's who been in love for as long as he can remember, someone who loves being in love just because it makes him feel complete, love isn't just another emotion; it's the very reason of existence. Call me a sentimentalist fool, an impractical and emotional person, but that's the way I am. I alone know how much I have benefited from the love I feel for that special someone, how much I have grown in the past few years, how much my ideas, my beliefs and my views about the world around me have improved for the better. And all this when the love is merely one-sided, unrequited except for the affections of a close friend; imagine then what I could become if I were to receive her love as well!

Some would say that you are a fool and that she could never love you as much as you love her; I say to them, an angel can only be seen with the eyes of a child and the trust you repose in that angel is absolute and unquestioning, just like a child feels for a parent. Some say that it is futile to wait; but I say to them, would you not wait for that special someone with whom you want to spend your whole life? Would you not be ever so patient when she's taking her time to make up her mind, because in your heart, somewhere deep down, you feel that she loves you just as much as you love her? And moresoever, love is the purest and most beautiful when given with free will, without expectation and obligation. When you love just because you wish to love, that is true love.

For me, love is like it's in the fairy tales: a happily-ever after story. And that's the way it should be. Those who claim that their beloved has changed since they married, I wonder whether you really knew them well in the first place. When you love someone, you must feel her every heartbeat, sense her every thought; basically be her alter-ego, her soul, just as she must be yours. A love that is not based on mere attraction or affection, that is founded on a deep sense of devotion, a love far beyond time and age, which encompasses all the quirks and eccentricities of your partner, because even they make him/her seem so much more loveable, now that is true love. And believe me, such a love will last you your entire lifetime; even when you are old and aging, your eyes will still twinkle when they behold her and your ears will yearn to hear her dulcet voice, and she will still blush when you give her a simple red rose.

Love isn't something you can rush into; all the stuff about love at first sight is nice, but love's like a fine wine; it matures with time and patience. The experience is so much more better when you have waited for so long to live it. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly, congratulations on your 200th blog. It's been a pleasure reading your blogs and I must say I have grown to admire your writing over the years.

You've put down in words what I suppose every person feels about their "one". You seem to be a die-hard romantic. Wish you all the best!

Vivek said...

Phani: Thanks for your kind comment. I am glad you have liked the way I write.

As for romance, you have hit the nail on the head.... :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm you have surely made your 200th blog special by dedicating it to that special someone! hmm lucky girl should read ur blog :P.

A really romantic article, keep the thoughts flowing!

Aarti Ramanan said...

congratulations on ur 200th post.
Even I have gained much more from ur posts over all these years :)
keep it going....
U are the only active blogger on my bloggers' list... :)

gauravrb said...

Yeh....congrats for your 200th post!!! Can't really get better than this..!!! :) Keep it up!!

aditya said...

Superb post!
Hats off Reddy!!! It feels so nice commenting on your 200th post. Here's wishing, you write many more - continue with ur entertaining posts on a number of topics. I have and will continue to be one of ur biggest fans. :)
As for "Love", hmmm.... you too will find your "one" to grow old with. :)

I Quote...

Quote of the Day