Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Promise.

I stood there on the porch
Looking at the dark cloudy sky
The moon was hidden
To the plain searching eye.

The breeze was cold
The night quiet as a mouse
My heart was silent
As if it nursed a secret grouse.

It sought the moon,
That pale white orb,
To soften the pain and sorrow,
To deaden the sound of a sob.

And then the moon came forth,
Like a knight in white armour,
And in it my eyes saw reflected
The face of my paramour.

Her gentle face, adorned by the lustre of the moon,
The clouds her soft tresses,
And the stars her eyes,
Twinkling with mirth and joy.

I know somewhere on some porch,
She too stands looking at the moon.
And in the moon, our eyes meet,
Promising to meet very, very soon.

1 comment:

aditya said...

Brilliant Reddy, brilliant!
So simple, yet so powerful!
Loved the last paragraph.... keep penning such verses.

I Quote...

Quote of the Day