Friday, April 07, 2006

The Gift

My heart jumped a thousand leagues
Up in the air,
Tearing the heavens beyond
And touching the stars glorious!

Came in my dream
An angel so sweet
So beautiful, so pure
Quite like the dew in the morn.

Promised she to me
Shall I come in your midst
When the sun sets in the West
When the sea is aflame in her passions.

Sat in her wait,
I, all day, beside the crashing waves,
On the lonely parapet,
On the driveway of gold and silver.

Glanced at me,
And dismissed me as lovelorn,
Scores of passersby,
And other couples in affection.

Slowly, but steadily,
The glorious moment approached
The sun started its descent
Into the turbulent waters of the bay.

And then, as I watched
This sight beautiful and serene,
I realized what my angel
Meant by in my midst.

For by the sights and sounds,
Of the tranquil scene,
She had given me
The gift of the heavens, the presence of the Gods.

2 comments:

Fro said...

Nice...

So was the angel someone we know;-)

Vivek said...

Hehe, maybe you do, maybe you don't. Sometimes we seek that special person in the singular sense, but miss out on the special people who we meet in our daily lives.

I Quote...

Quote of the Day