Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Oarman's Beloved

The flute rang out in the meadow,
A liturgy of emotions, a parody of the soul,
A panegyric to the broken hearts.

She sat beneath the banyan tree,
Awaiting the boat,
The vessel that would bring him to her,
He, who had her heart captive,
In the folds of his bosom.

The river lapped at her feet,
Caressing her pink soles,
Fondling her delicate toes,
Adoring her dainty anklets,
Of silver and gold.

The butterflies came
And brushed her golden tresses,
Flew they past her hazel-brown eyes,
Those eyes which would open,
Open only to see her beloved’s precious visage.

Came the caravans and the mendicants,
Those who moved on in this world,
And those who moved beyond,
Gazed at this beauty in stone,
And wondered in awe,
Is this what love brings to man?

Then came the cry of the oarsman,
Hailing the shores of his native land,
The shores of his beloved.
And in a flash closed her eyes,
To drink in her tears,
Her tears of joy, her tears of bliss,
Her love had come, her life had come.

7 comments:

Vivek said...

Really I wasn't describing anyone in particular, was just describing the scene, guess went a tad overboard on the poetic license.
Actually, I'd rather you be kind as to explain whom you mean by my gal, and the one with whom I have been seen to be so very happy. I am happy with every person I know.
Thank you for the praise on the Looking Glass.

Anonymous said...

no matter wht u may say, u r denying the truth, n tht is not the way people see u. u hve loved, one can see tht in ur blog, but u were rejected by tht fool of a girl. anyways, if u feel this way, u r welcome to think so.

Anonymous said...

Hi. saw ur gal n u in Center One 2day. but wht surprised me was tht u were sitting in one corner of the food court n she was sitting in another corner with another grp of people. u not on talkin terms with her?

Vivek said...

Care to explain who you keep referring to as my gal? Besides, I really don't have the tendency of going off talking terms with anyone, no matter how annoyed or pissed off I may be. Whoever you are referring to probably came there on her own accord, I knew nothing of it. Besides, since whoever you are referring to wasn't on my table, she probably didn't consider my presence to be important on hers, so that's why we were on separate tables, nothing surprising in that.

Anonymous said...

u know very well whom I am referring to. mybe u dont want to reveal her name, but u know wht, the whole world already knows all abt it. so no use pretending. besides, i wasn't so much surprised as sad at the fact that u hve lost so much just because u proposed to her.

Vivek said...

I have lost nothing, I assure you of that. Because I have never proposed to any person. Because I find that I maybe do not possess the courage to do so. Besides I have yet to find the right person for me, the person who will bring out the best in me.

Anonymous said...

u say tht bcoz u wnna protect ur love. u r amongst the most courageous people i hve seen, and u say u don't hve the courage? indeed, u should wait 4 the right person

I Quote...

Quote of the Day