Sunday, January 01, 2006

Viva la 2006!

The New Year’s started, and it’s resolution time again. Every year, the same sham, a mockery of the solemnity of the occasion, a charade of the most deplorable order!
Just kidding.
I love making resolutions, if only to break them within the next two months. Only this time, I am planning to seriously live up to at least some of them. It’s a short list, not too fancy, but definitely achievable.
Number one on the list has been there for quite some time there. I really need to lose some flab. Not that my mirror’s complaining; it’s just that I am no longer resembling a baby elephant. I am starting to look like an adolescent blue whale. Clothes also are a problem sometimes, as departmental stores usually resemble Delhi after the raids by Nadir Khan and Timur, once I have visited them. The tailor chuckles with glee whenever I approach his shop; maybe he’s muttering, ‘Here comes my ticket to Malaysia.’ So, weight reduction is en mission premiere.
Secondly, I have decided to give up on something that I wasn’t exactly addicted to, but yes, I did like it. I will be going veggie this year. Of course, I may partake of cakes, even if they contain eggs, but that too only if I am really tempted beyond the point of no return. Fortunately, this won’t be a new experience for me, as I did attempt going veggie and managed to survive nearly 10 months. Let’s see whether 2006 will allow me to go the whole way.
Next on the list of the guillotine are le café et le the, i.e. coffee and tea. Believe me; ever since I have joined SIES (2000), I have become addicted to coffee. In fact, I acquired my taste for coffee and tea in SIES. I do think I must be gulping down at least three – four cups of either on a normal day. When I have a cold, and that happens very often, the quanta may increase by two or more. For all the good that they do, the twain must go nevertheless. Their place shall be taken by soups and Bournvita/Boost/Horlicks.
Last but not the least, I hope to be able to do some regular study at least in this semester, meaning regular notes, assignments to be completed within two days of their being given (the same goes with journals), and completing my godforsaken project well before time.
Hope I am able to do everything on this list; if not everything, even achieving the first and the last will do just as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Resolution time. Hope you are able to keep up with them this entire year.

best wishes!

Vivek said...

Thank you

I Quote...

Quote of the Day