Thursday, February 16, 2006

Driver's euphoria!

Today was special for me in ways I can hardly describe. I drove my car for the first time. I jest, you say? You, a man of 21 years, have yet to clasp a steering wheel and guide a vehicle on ‘serene’ roads? Sadly, I profess to be guilty, and curse myself for having stayed away from such pleasures for so long. For when I sat down behind the steering wheel, and felt the first jerks of the car as I tried to bring her (yah, I am even starting to speak like most male drivers, referring to mon vehicle in the feminine) to start, to respond to my overtures, I felt a strange new exhilaration, a spurt of enthusiasm, a headiness rise through my spine.
Driving a car, methinks, is like marriage. (Lest you start searching for the address of the nearest mental asylum to admit me, I assure you, it’s only beginner’s joy speaking here. It will wear off after some days.) You need to understand the vehicle, the machinations of the device, synchronize yourself with her rhythm, and then embark on your journey.
I guess I don’t have any more words to expend. (My bro would say, that’s a first there for sure)I think this is the beginning of a beautiful romance, or maybe a wretched addiction. Whatever it may turn out to be, I sure am going to love the experience.

1 comment:

Kunal Mudgal said...

driving rocks man (though not so much in Bombay) It is actually a great relaxant :-P
hope to see you with the car in college...

I Quote...

Quote of the Day