Thursday, February 16, 2006

Partir c'est mourir un peu

Found this most beautiful poem while reading Ida Mae’s blog. Somewhere, the message seems universal. The French did have their way with words when they said, ‘Partir c’est mourir un peu’ (To leave is to die a little)

May I Help You Say Goodbye

Standing by the open grave of my heart,
wrapped in a circle of memories,
moving slowly, I touch each one, and
I savor the taste, sound, and feel of each sweet vision.

For each happy memory relived,
I will shed a single tear.
I will not shed it in sadness of the memory,
only sadness that no more memories will be made

For each sad memory relived,
I will let a small smile touch my lips and heart.
The smile is not for joy,
Only that no more sad times will be shared.

Say goodbye, my friend, when the time comes.
May you know peace in my passing
for I do not wish you grief everlasting.
Until then, I am still here with you, may we rejoice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me,being without someone who i do care is hardly to stop thinking and feeling.

I Quote...

Quote of the Day